Monday, October 13, 2008

Jobless in the world today just doesn't work.

Whew. Where to start.

So the whole checking back for changes...yeah that's kind of been put on hold.

Life around here has been interesting. I had a second interview with a job last week that I was for sure was mine. Friday afternoon....not so good. Got the call with the typical, "We really liked you. You interview great, but we're giving the job to someone else. I know you'll find something. Can I keep your information for if things change?"

I know you'll find something....No, you don't. I don't think this person realized how long I've been looking. I've been looking and keeping my eyes out since I started the job I hated at the hospital. I've been activly looking since the end of August/beginning of September.

Between the economy and me not having a job, there are many nights around here where I wish I could just sleep for a little bit to forget about it all, but I can't. (hence the reason I'm posting at 5 am).

We're at the point of looking in different states and comparing living costs vs. salaries to see if even moving would help at all.

It seems to be that if I were an accountant, engineer or a nurse I could have my pick of jobs in my pick of loactions. However, I'm not one of those things. What it comes down to is that I'm either over qualified because I graduated High School and no one wants to pay more than minimum wage, or I'm under qualified beacuse I don't have a masters.

Prayer, that's all I can do....when I'm able.

Depression has really started to kick in as even though my head knows it's not my fault, I can't help but feel like it is. I'm really trying not to take it out on the family, but I'm not perfect by any definition of the word. I just don't want to loose what we've worked so hard to gain.




...and it looks as if that's a possibility.

No comments: