Tuesday, January 31, 2006
"Some "just for you" tips for relaxing...:Spend quiet time by yourself with a good book. Take a weekend to visit a college girlfriend; it's healthy to have women friends. Take good care of your skin and use quality cosmetics to make yourself look and feel beautiful; your entire family will benefit from how this affects you."
Monday, January 30, 2006
This morning, I started to be mad at myself when I heard someone messaging me as I hadn't turned down my sound last night. It was more than once...so I got up. With one miniscule movement of my mouse to get rid of the screensaver, my anger for being woken up had quickly changed to pure happiness. I saw the screen name of this wonderful man! (just look at those dimples!!!)
Not only did technology make it so that we could talk to each other for nearly 2 hours this morning with me here in Lexington and him in Iraq, but technology was even nicer to me this morning. ... I was able to see him smile at me! (and he wasn't in all that gear either!)
It amazes me how he can be halfway around the world and we can have a normal conversation. Sure the topics aren't always the best (from what he can tell me at the moment) or they may just consist of "hi...how are you...I miss you...I'm going to be gone a few days", but we are both able to smile.
Even though my technology doesn't always work the way I want it to...he is able to see me too...through stills right now. The connection in Iraq isn't ideal, but neither is the fact that he is there. We never know when there will be a power outage, or when someone will knock on the door and say we have a mission; be ready to leave in 10 minutes, but just a few seconds of talking to each other is fine with us. We are happy with the moments we get.
For most of the nearly two years that we have known each other he has been in Iraq. August he comes home...duty time complete. August is just 6 months away. Time always has its way of going faster than you expect it will. I'm excited to see what the next 6 months and the time there after holds for us!
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Yesterday we a very long day. I guess it was because I was SO tired. Piddled around the condo while I was waiting for my laundry to be done. As I was doing so, I talked to Nate for a while...in the midst of power surges in his building. He got a job offer making more than his military and civilian job put together...in Australia. I sure hope he doesn't take it, but that's a decision only he can make. Back to yesterday.
Once I got everything I needed and/or wanted from the condo I decided I needed to go to SBC as it is one last time. It was good to be "home". Scary how stark it was. I'm excited about the new coming adventure though!!!
After a good visit in the store, it was time to head back. So with my loaded down little car I hopped on 75 and headed south.
We got the car unloaded and pretty much put everything in its place. Then reality sunk in. And I was not a happy camper. So we went out for some DQ and laughed and talked and things just seemed to be alright for a bit. We came home and watched Monsters Inc while I worked on pulling things together for my business. And then crashed.
Today is a new day! Everything WILL workout. It always does.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Well as I was listening to my VM for work this morning, the last message was from a florist here in town. Saying I had flowers and they needed to get my apartment number. I listened to the message about 5 times to make sure I was really hearing that. So then I took the phone number and did a reverse search on it to see if it really was a florist. It was. So I called, still in denial that they were for me. (especially since on my voicemail the woman called me "Mary") I told them who I was and they said yes, they had a delievery for me. I waited and waited. Abotu 115 or so I laid down and fell asleep. At 2, J came in from getting the mail and gave me the door hanger that they had been there. I guess they didn't hardly knock on the door as you practically have to pound in order for us to hear anything. So I go pick them up. All day I had been trying to figure out who it would be that would have been from. I'm there and the guy goes, "I just got back with them." In my head I'm going, then why did you write 1:00 on the tag as it's after 2 and we are located on the same street. So I open the card. It says "Katy, Happy new apartment, new adventure. Bev" They were from my step-mom. That was nice. Totally not who I was expecting, or hoping.
So, I can honestly say, still no flowers from a guy.
Tuesday, January 24, 2006
1. First thing you did this morning? Woke up when the lead foot that lives above us was doing who knows what at 6 this morning.
2. Last thing you ate? Arby's
3. Is your cell phone a piece of crap? Not usually, but it's acting up....phone never rang and I just got a VM that came through with a time stamp of 12:54.
4. What's the thing you look forward to most in the next 6 months? Earning my car and Nate coming home!
5. What's annoying you right now? the untrue statement, "Muscle weighs more than Fat"
6. What's the last movie you saw in a theater? umm....oh! It was Stealth...over the summer with Randall.
7. Do you believe in long distance relationships? HEH! If you can do it, more power to you. Mine have never worked out.
8. I don't know where 8 went! Pamela didn't have it either
9. Is there someone you miss? Totally! Several, some in this state, a couple in Florida, some in Ohio, and one in Iraq
10. Who was the last person you texted? Mom
11. If you could put together a concert of 5 bands or artists who it be? Oh.... Gretchen Wilson woudl definatly be on the list, prolly a little Kenny Chesny, and then to be different I'd prolly add some non country in there, just not sure who.
12. It ran away with 8!
13. What are a few things you wish you were better at doing? I wish I was better at being consistant...on everything.
14. If you could be anywhere this second, where would it be? In Nate's arms....really don't care where we are.
15. What's your most vivid memory from 6th grade? On "twin day" dressing up like my teacher preggo belly and all! (told you I was a dork)
16. Latest addiction? umm....oh!!! DVR!
17. Have you ever had the urge to kill someone? I wouldn't actually go through with it
18. How many people would you say are interested in you? Truly interested?? I have no clue.
19. What do you love doing? girls' nights, dancing, working my business, reading Harry Potter, sleeping!
20. Do you think someone thinks about you daily? I know so!
21. Who was the last person you saw or talked to? J....we just ran errands together
22. What do you want to be when you grow up? a wife, a mommy and a Mary Kay National Sales Director
23. What is your favorite food? depends on the time of the month!
24. How many people do you know with the same name as yours? heh...I can't count that high!
25. What was the last thing you spilled? half a can of Root Beer on the dining room table...saved my date book before it got too wet.
Hope you learned something!! YAY!
I have heard the statement "Muscle weighs more than fat" about 17000 times in the past week. NOT TRUE. Which is heavier? A pound of feathers or a pound of bricks?? Neither they both weigh a pound! The same is true with muscle and fat. Now...when you workout, you build muscle and may not loose the fat right away. Your body has to get used to the new regiments that you are giving it. What's the difference? Muscle is leaner and more compact than fat. Thus your "weight" may go up in the beginning (due to the building of new/more muscle), but the girth of certain areas are actually going down, but that's only in the beginning.
Whew...ok...had to get that off of my chest.
Life in Lexington is rocking! Hanging out, working my business, occasionally talking to a certain soldier when he's not out on various missions.
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Lexington is treating me well!! I totally love living with J! He and I were actually talking about that very thing last night. We love the fact that we are close enough to live together, to have fun, to laugh from the belly. It's just great.
Now, onto the title of my blog today. The subject of men is an interesting one. They come and go in your life....new and old, loved and hated, drop dead gorgeous and ugly as shit. The one you want is always the one you can't have; the one that's not there. Now, this is just a realization....not necessarily directed towards one man or another. There are some connections, but only I truly know what those are. Is there one for each of the descriptions?? Yeah. Am I going to say who? NO. It just needed to get off my chest.
Ok, off the sudsy street pulpit...hehehe (off my soapbox!)
My sister sent me these pictures of our move. Stinkin' hilarious!! So in going along with a new, current, popular song and the fact that yes the family on the back of our U-haul has a slightly darker skin pigment than we do. A comment would be made at how funny it would be if momma (she has 2 kids in the picture, but it won't load for some reason) had a "gold toof." Well, my darling sister remembered the sharpie that was downstairs in dad's shop and went and got it. Not toally gold, but close enough! So in the days of women's lib. let's not just have the woman looking for the grillz, but give the men a chance too!
Anyway, have a great day! I know I will doing whatever it is that I end up doing today!
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Other than that, nothing too exciting latly. I'm working my business!!! OH!! AND I have been able to talk to a good friend in Iraq several times in the past week. He's alive and well and coming home in August!! YAY!!!
Monday, January 16, 2006
The move went very well. Just about everything is unpacked already. Sure there are a few things that we need to get, but that will wait until $$ come in. My brother is home from Wyoming. I talked to him for a couple minutes, and found out where the house is. He lives like 2 minutes from the apartment! YAY!!!!
Tomorrow will be spent in Cincinnati working for my sales director and a Mary Kay meeting...important one dealing with taxes. I'll write more later!
Thursday, January 12, 2006
1. Sex is a beauty treatment. Scientific tests find that when women make love they produce amounts of the hormone estrogen, which makes hair shine and skin smooth.
2. Gentle, relaxed lovemaking reduces your chances of suffering dermatitis, skin rashes and blemishes. The sweat produced cleanses the pores and makes your skin glow.
3. Lovemaking can burn up those calories you piled on during that romantic dinner.
4. Sex is one of the safest sports you can take up. It stretches and tones up just about every muscle in the body. It's more enjoyable than swimming 20 laps, and you don't need special sneakers!
5. Sex is an instant cure for mild depression. It releases endorphins into the bloodstream, producing a sense of euphoria and leaving you with a feeling of well-being.
6. The more sex you have, the more you will be offered. The sexually active body gives off greater quantities of chemicals called pheromones. These subtle sex perfumes drive the opposite sex crazy!
7. Sex is the safest tranquilizer in the world. IT IS 10 TIMES MORE EFFECTIVE THAN VALIUM.
8. Kissing each day will keep the dentist away. Kissing encourages saliva to wash food from the teeth and lowers the level of the acid that causes decay, preventing plaque build-up.
9. Sex actually relieves headaches. A lovemaking session can release the tension that restricts blood vessels in the brain.
10. A lot of lovemaking can unblock a stuffy nose. Sex is a natural antihistamine. It can help combat asthma and hay fever.
Hmmm....interesting if I do say so myself. Do what you wish with the info. If you find any of it really works be sure and let me know!
Monday, January 09, 2006
Business is great! I"m going to do 100 faces by March 31! WOO HOO here we go are we ready for an adventure?!?! I sure am! It's going to be hard work, but let me tell you, I CAN and WILL do it!
And from Mary Kay herself on Leadership, "Remember that a leader has two important characteristics: First, she is going somewhere; secondly, she is able to persuade others to go with her."
SUCK IT UP KATY!! This is real world!
Whew...that feels well, a little bit better....kinda. Ok, business is going well. I'm going to deliver some product tomorrow and hopefully upsell. I have a facial and I'm calling a possible recruit. I can do this. I will do this. I'm going to be driving for free in the next couple months!
Thursday, January 05, 2006
In other good news, I got to talk to Nate both yesterday morning and this morning. He is alive and well in Iraq and will be coming home (for good this time) in August. Whew! Boy are we both glad over that one. I told him to tell me when and where and I'd be there at the airport waiting for him to come home!!
Ok, off to go get some more things for my business done!! I LOVE MY JOB!!!!
Monday, January 02, 2006
- Did you have a New Year's resolution this year? Probably, but I don't remember what it was
- Who kissed you at midnight? No one....just the same as this year.
- Did it snow where you live? I know we had snow right before NYE, but I don't remember if it snowed that day or not.
- Have you ever been to Times Square to watch the ball drop? No, but I'd sure love to go sometome
- Who was your Valentine? Didn't have one.
- What did your valentine get you? see previous answer; however, being that it's the day after my birthday and we had class that day, Jason did bring me a piece of cake...
- When you were little, did you buy valentine's for the whole class? Of course I did!!
- Are you Irish? Yup...sure am!
- Did you wear green on St. Patty's Day? Definately!
What did you do for St. Patty's Day? I was in methods all day talking with Jason about how we wanted to be in downtown Cincy drinking!
- Do you like the rain?I like certain rain....storms when it's time for bed, and light, warm sprinkles when you are with someone you care about so you can go walking hand in hand
- Did you play an April Fool's joke on anyone this year? Not this year...I've had some good ones in the past including the ever popular, I'm engaged or when I told mom I was pregnant.
- Did you get tons of candy on Easter? yup...still get at least 2 Easter baskets!
- What's your favorite kind of flower? You know that's really hard. I love lots of flowers. I think I might have to go and say that "crazy daisies" are my favorite.
- Do you like the spring?Yes I do....no shoes!!!
- Finish the phrase, "April showers bring..." May flowers....and mud
- What would you think of as a spring color? light, dainty colors....and a vivid green!
- What year did you graduate from school? 2001
- Did you go on any vacations last June? No....came home and worked.
What did you do on the 4th of July? Lord...since it fell on Monday, we partied from Friday night until Monday night....Friday at Rick's (per usual), Sat. day at Jim and Tari's in the pool, Sat. night at Chuck and Cindy's, Sun. day at Jim and Tari's in the pool, Sun. night Jeff's pool party, Mon. slept in and went to Hamiltucky with everyone for fetivities and fireworks. I was happy for nap time on Tuesday!!
- Did you go on any vacations this month? no....not unless you count the fact that I was out of school for the summer
- Did you do anything special to end off your summer? Heh...it was an interesting one as I got ready to move and the day I was moving Randall went to the hospital...again
- What was your favorite summer memory of '05? Starting my Mary Kay business...and Dixz Highway
- Did you go swimming a lot in the summer?a little bit.
- Did you go to the beach a lot? not once
- Did you attend school/college in '05? sure did....started my student teaching!
- Who was your favorite teacher? I've had so many....this semester I don't know who it was. I loved working for MRs. Broaddus though!
- Did you like fall better than summer? Yes, it's not as hot and I LOVE the colors!
- What was your favorite Halloween costume ever? hmmm...prolly my care bear one from when I was 2!
- What's your favorite candy? I love chocolate, but otherwise sour patch kids if it's a non-chocolate candy
- What did you dress up like this year? a pimpless hooker
- Whose house did you go to for Thanksgiving? Brenda and Don's on Marco Island!
- Do you like stuffing? Now that I'm older
- What are you thankful for? so much that it could be one post alone!
- Do you celebrate Christmas? yup...several times!
- Have you ever been kissed under the mistletoe? uh huh! (hang it on the headboard of your bed ;) )
- What do you want this year for Christmas? I got mostly what I wanted...scrapbooking, Desperate Housewives first season...money for rent.
- What's the best present you ever got for Christmas? oh...that's a hard one.
- Do you like cold weather? Only if there is snow on the ground..otherwise, give me the 70's.
- How would you rate your year on a scale of 1-10? pretty good....not sure what number...mabye about an 8 or so! I did a LOT of learning, not just in the class, graduated, was the commencement speaker...it was a pretty rockin' year.
Ok...I'll at the quote from MKA in the morning with other news. Saw that and wanted to get it posted!
Sunday, January 01, 2006
Resolution: a course of action determined or decided on....Was I supposed to do that before now?? Oh well. I don't want to say that I'm making resolutions, more like I'm doing some life evaluation this year. What are those things??
- Take care of me - most of the time, I put others before me. This isn't a bad thing, but I tend to neglect things I need be it time, peace, emotion, etc. I plan to take some time each day just for me. What will I do with that time? Not sure yet. Some days it may be a hot bath and a good book. Others it may be scrap. Still others may be splurge on something. This also includes everyones favorite part of the new year and saying that I'm going to loose some weight. blah.
- Work my business - I LOVE having a Mary Kay business. I am okay at what I do considering the time I've put into it. I want to earn the use of a company car...and quick. We all can do anything for 4 months.
- Be more adventurous - I tend to be a creature of habit and just be instead of do. The first huge adventure comes in 13 days...moving to Lex. I can't wait, yet even though I don't come out and say it, there is part of me that is scared shitless.
- Stay organized - I don't have a problem getting things organized...it's keeping them that way. I think the move will help with that as everything will have to have a place since I"ll be sharing an apartment with J. We'll both have to stay organized (and neat) or we'll get on each other's nerves.
- Write more - be it here, or in a notebook or on my layouts. Putting it down on paper sometimes gets rid of the angry, upset, whatever bad feelings but it also helps you to remember the great, wonderful, happy feelings.
- Keep in touch - with friends and family. I'm getting to that point in my life now that I'm graduated where we are all starting a new life and moving on. I don't want to forget those that mean the world to me. I want them to know that they mean the world to me.
- Losen up - this kind of goes with being more adventurous, but there are times when I can be too serious. I need to take life and laugh at it!
Those are some of the things I'd like to do with my life this year. I'm excited for things to come. Who knows what tomorrow holds.
I end with words from Mary Kay Ash as her daily calendar for the year says: "Make every day count. Make every hour count. Make every minute count. And don't stop until you have exercised your full potential, realizing your total destiny to become the person that you, and only you, are capable of being."