Monday, October 02, 2006

No highlights, lowlights or cut.

Saturday was going to be great. Dan and I headed up to Cincinnati for the day to finalize some music choices as well as get my hair colored, cut and practiced for the wedding. Mom was coming over to Linda's as well to get hers done.

On our way up, mom called to check on a couple quick things since she was at work and was planning on meeting us. No sooner had I hung up, my phone rings again. I see it's Linda's number. I'm definatly excited to answer....I mean comeon, we've been friends since we were 11. No one else has been through as much crap with either one of us. It was her husband*. First thought in my head, "why is he calling me?"

*Ryan and I have NEVER seen eye to eye. In fact,the first time I met him, afterwards I told her no way. Now, they've been married just over a year.

Anyhow, he starts asking if I can change times because she didn't even tell him until that morning that we were coming over. I explained to him that I couldn't for several reasons: I don't just live around the corner anymore, and there is only a small window of time when my mom can be there since she has to work and had plans that evening. Apparently he had something planned and supposedly put a lot of money into it, but didn't tell her even to block the time off for the day. I told him that I had double checked with her and she said that it was no problem, nothing was going on. That's when he got pissed.

The next thing I know, he's using every 4-letter word in the book. Telling me that I use her and that the only time I call her was when I needed my hair done. He then goes, "the past 3 times you've come to see her it's been to get your hair done." I reminded him that we had plans more than once to go out, but they backed out because of something HE had going on. He went on yelling at me while I'm trying to drive on the highway, in the rain. He then says to me, "You know what, I'm going to take her out anyway and you can wait your fat @ss in my driveway until I bring her home." Finally I asked to speak with her. His response, "She's in the shower. What do you want me to do? Go in and make her get out? You can talk to her when she's done." So I replied, "fine." and hung up.

About 10 minutes later, I called back, both her cell and home phone. No answer. Left messages. I tried to call periodically throughout the rest of the morning and into the afternoon. We didn't hurry to leave from the music so they could have more time. We got to their house shortly before 2 (an hour later than scheduled) No one was home. I had told mom what was going on in the process. She met Dan and I over there. I'm, of course, in tears, Dan wasn't really sure how to react, so he stayed pretty quiet. I tried calling her cell again. I know how he is...he wouldn't let her answer the phone.

Mom and I had to make a decision. We have appointments now for the day of my wedding with girls she knows....girls who have never touched my hair before. No coloring, just up-dos.

As far as Linda goes, I hope this isn't the end of such a long friendship of two girls who grew into women together. However, he is not permitted at my wedding. I am not comfortable even being in the same building as him. Should he decide he wants to attend, I know my brother well enough to know that he will ask Ryan to leave.

Ryan is in the army. Served in Iraq, yet comes home and treats his wife's best friend like a dog. He gets no respect from me, mom or Dan whatsoever.

No comments: