Sunday, November 05, 2006

Hospitals are NO fun!!

Wednesday afternoon D and I headed to the hospital for a normal ultrasound....so we expected. After the scan, the dr. wanted to look a little closer and do a second, different type of scan. He did and found that I needed a procedure called a cerclage...and it had to happen right away to prevent an early delivery...like way early as I'm 21 weeks today.

So we were admitted Wed. afternoon and I had my surgery Thursday morning. Not a fun surgery either. Recovery from it pretty much sucks. But they finally let me go yesterday moring since there were no more contractions and healing was going in the right direction.

Baby is great...and was fine throughout the whole thing. Now, I'm good too. I have to slow down, which is going ot be difficult, but I can handle it for a few months...I guess, if I have to.

No comments: