Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Long Week.

Is it over yet???

Ever have one of those weeks when by the time Tuesday hits you are ready for it to be over? It's not that it's been a bad week really. I just am dreading this weekend. I offered to help out at the LSS while the girls are gone at CHA. I'm there open to close Thursday (with Jackson there until Dan gets off work), noon-4 on Friday (and then driving up and back to Cincy) and finally open to close on Saturday. Then I get a phone call YESTERDAY asking if I can come in at 6 so they can leave early. Are you serious?!

Now, a little background. We were trying out a partnership there. However, it was decided that since Dan and I want to have 3 more children right close and the fact she didn't like it when I flat out told her MK was going to come before the store that it wasn't going to work. So yes, I did say origninally that I would come in to close. Here's the issue with that now:
1. I said that when it was a benefit to me and I wouldn't be working other hours.
2. I said that I'd come in at 730 (store closes at 8) to do the closing.

Anywho, I get this "guilt trip" of "well, I guess I'm going to have to call Paul (her husband) to come in. He's not going to be happy since he's watching the store while you won't be there on Friday." That just made me angrier. I wanted to lie to her all together and say I couldn't work at all after she said that to me. When you go into business, especially one like this area, your significant other (who works from home) is going to have to realize that he's going to have to help out sometimes if the store is going to go to the trade shows. That's just how it is.

I feel like she is taking advantage of me... and she probably is. That's okay. I don't have to help out. I'll go in for DT when I need is there and that's about it. I have bigger and better things to do.

Bigger and better things in my life:
1. God
2. Dan
3. Jackson
4. my mom
5. my business (and all that comes with it)
6. my friends
7. my home
8. my health (mental, physical, emotional and spiritual)
(and those are just off the top of my head)

Cousin Caleb watching the fish at the Arboratum (April 29)

Chillin' at Normandy Horse Farm (april 30)

Tired of working Nana's Yard Sale (May 5)

Bath Time (June 8)

Jackson in his bouncy seat (june 29)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I have to say that I am glad that you are posting again. Hope things worked out over the weekend. Girl you need to take a vaca just to spend a week doing just what you want to do! I know you probably have stacks of pics of th baby that you would love to scrap. Alrighty...so I think that's it for today. Talk to you soon.

Much Loves
Pamela

Ginger said...

WOW!!! So much has changed for you college girl! :)

What an ADORABLE little boy! He's a doll!