Wednesday, September 26, 2007

ATT Customer Service

We all have had horrible experiences with customer service be it for one company or another. However yesterday, I had a rockin' customer service day.

Dan and I had been discussing direct tv as we are in the stone age and don't have cable. Well the internet choice bundling wouldn't give me an idea of what I wanted. So I called just to see what the price was. Boy am I glad I called!

They haven't been telling anyone, but if you were a Bell South customer call and ask about being 'switched' to ATT's plans. Why? Because for a flat rate of $25 you get your local as well as Unlimited long distance. (need it having an at home business and a cell phone with a different area code). That happens to be cheaper than Bell South's rates with NO long distance. So for switching that over we got a $50 rebate. Well, then I ask about bundling bills. By bundling our (already bundled) internet, we got another $30 rebate. Ok, DUH! She then informs me that for one price I get that phone plan, faster internet and direct tv AND another $50 rebate.

So now I'm up to $130 in rebates. I go on and ask more detailed questions about the direct tv and cost and what extra is going to be added to our bill. Sometimes I ask her to repeat it so that I make sure it's noted in our account. I start asking questions about DVR...well that's a free upgrade with no monthly charge. Ok, add it to my order please! I double check with her again to make sure nothing is going to be added to my bill each month and she lets me know that nothing other than the state taxes. Okay. fine. I restate it again just to make sure that I heard her correctly and to make sure there is record of it.

After I am done speaking with her, she transfers me to wireless as I have a few questions for them.

I had been getting messages from the company saying I was eligible for a phone upgrade. yay! Everytime I went into the store though, they are like the free phone is this and proceed to show me the old Nokia...you know the one. So I thought I'd look online. Well, I found one that I wanted and it's pink!! I add it to my cart and it says "total due today: 0.00 **" Well I saw the astricks and that's what I was wanting to ask about.

So I talk to the guy about what it all meant and he said there is an $18.00 upgrade fee. That's dumb. I've been a customer, with this phone, never having a late bill since I was 19 years old. We're both looking at my account at the same time. I mention the "fee waived" part that I had just noticed on the bill. He checks and sure enough it was so I pay nothing....not even shipping. Yay so now I have a free phone!

But wait, there's more! (man that sounds like a RonCo commercial)

Being a Mary Kay consultant, I knew I was eligible for another discount. So I ask about that and what I need to do in order to receive it. He tells me. I do it and call back. So now, I have a discount on my cell bill. Here's the kicker. By adding the direct TV and taking the discount off my phone. We are spending the SAME amount of money each month.

So as of today, I like ATT customer service. We'll see how much I still like them between 12 and 4 on Friday afternoon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that is so rockin!!!!

I didn't call becuase its all really trivial stuff that just causes big fights at my house. Stupid stuff that I shouldn't get upset about. Things are looking better though.