Friday, August 11, 2006

Personal Opinion...you don't have to like it.

With the exception of a family name that is passed down 17 times and to be able to differentiate between all the generations, I don't get why people name their kids and then call them by their middle name. If that's what you are going to call them....name them that!!!!! If it's a family name that you are just wanting to keep but have no desire to be called that, make it the middle name!!! It drives me up a wall. That's one thing that I don't miss about teaching. You go in call roll... "Henry???" Kid pipes up, "I go by Matt." (just an example not actual names used) What's with that?!?!

I've always felt this way, but it's been on my mind a lot lately!! I feel the same way about shortening names. If you are going to call your child Katy (or Katie) why in the world did you name her Katherine?!?!! I just don't get it. It's dumb!

No comments: