Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Just a few thoughts.

1. Maybe it's just the fact that my background is in teaching, but I'm surprised at how dumb some people are. Especially when these are people who come off at least to be somewhat intelligent. Homonyms: words that sound alike but are spelled differently and have a different meaning. My second graders could tell you 100's of these. The biggest culprits?!?! hear/here and there/they're/their. That's all I'm going to say about it.

2. Some people just don't get a clue. Now, I'll preface this with the fact that there are times I'm slow to start....especially now having a whirlwind of things going on. However, if someone after MONTHS, nearly a year, NEVER responds to you, it's time to quit trying.

3. This heat....it's for the birds. I feel for the women I see who are out in it and they are about 17 months pregnant. That just wouldn't work for me. I hate the heat as it is....

4. Old "friends". I'm not going to lie, I've been hurt recently by a couple of invitations to things that I did not receive. (and surprised by a couple I have) One in particular was to an event where several people I would have considered friends were attending. I guess that's not the case, and it frees up a few of my invitations....

No comments: