Thursday, September 29, 2005

I love hearing

the sound of a text message being left on my phone. Typically there are only 2 people who text me; my best friend, Katie and a WONDERFUL man GC. Today I was riding around with Kim in between schools when a message came through. It was from GC. I was cheesing before I even read it. He seems to know how much it's the little things that count b.c the message said, "Hey babe. hope ur havin a good day. ttyl" That was all I needed to get through the rest of the day. No, it wasn't a bad day, but that message just made it all that much better. Knowing that he's the one making the efforts to talk to me and make sure I'm smiling and that everything is ok just makes life wonderful. I no longer have to stress about being the one to hold a relationship together. Our personalities are totally the same in that manner so it just goes back and forth.

School has been great lately. Yesterday I was in first grade ALL day! It was great, yet tiring. One of my little boys in the class who can be a pain and just down right mean came up to me and said, "Miss Katy, I'm so glad you're here today. Can I show you that 9+9 is 18 on the board?!" Well, yeah...of course you can!!!! I love that class and I'm going to have a really hard time leaving them next week. Other classes of mine won't be NEAR as difficult to leave.

In the midst of romance and school being great, friends have been too! Pamela and I went out for our weekly dinner together last night. We ended up at Applebee's. There is nothing like having a meal, drinking a beer and just talking about the men in our lives. She and I both sit in the middle of a "Hallmark story" and life is great. Tuesday night was "the best friends" game, played like "the newlyweds" game in the building where Katie is an RA. Of course we signed up to play....the only thing was...so did like 10000 other girls. We ended up not getting to be in the front on the panel, but it was fun just the same. Nicole came down and hung out with us down there while we all cut up. She brought down pics of my 'nephew', Blake! OMG SOOOOO cute!!! (but of course he is, he takes after his aunt Katy...hehehe)

I love my life right now...there aren't too many things that I can complain about. I can laugh at the bull shit that is going on in the SGA office. I have no reason to not be silly. I get to hang out with my best friends. I got to see GC soon. What's left to worry about?!?! NOTHING!!!

Oh, one last thing. I called mom today and told her my decision in regards to what I'm going to do upon graduation; I wanted her to be the first to know. So here's my decsion: I'm going to move home to look for a job. While looking for a real job and transitioning into real life, I'm going to work at the store (hopefully) and work my MK business and sub. I'm also going to look into what it's going to take to get certified in OH. I'm not going to base my decisions in life on who I'm dating. I'm going to be me and be happy with it. GC and I haven't even talked about this decision yet, so he doesn't know I'm coming home, although he'll be rather happy. He being close to home has absolutly nothing to do with my decision. Do I like the fact that he's there?! uh...DUH! But I'm not focusing on that. I'm focusing on getting my life started the way I want it and paying off some bills that I have acquired through my college experience.

No comments: