Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Work it, Own it

That's how I've been with my business lately! It's great! I love my job! I love being my own boss! I love making my schedule mine and not being controlled by that "normal" 9-5 stuff! WOO HOO!!! I love living in Lexington!

Yesterday was great. I headed to Richmond to sit in the Faculty Senate Meeting. They were bring ing up a policy change that I had worked on with 20 different faculty/staff members for the past 2.5 years. With minimal questioning and 1 negative vote it passed!!!! It'll go down in history. I'm so excited to have worked on it and see it go thru. Afterwards, I got to catch up with some wonderful adminstration that I've missed. As a result of one of the conversations, I got to tell someone something that I've wanted to say for a long time. The beuaty of it all, is even though I've always thought what I said, I got to say it and it wasn't coming from me!.....I know that's very vauge, but I'd like to keep it that way...for a while at least. I may come out and say who and what it was, but now is not the time.

I'm going to close with words from Mary Kay Ash, "You cannot keep a determined person from success. If you place stumbling blocks in her way, she will take them for stepping-stones and will use them to climb to new heights."

No comments: