Friday, March 03, 2006

Realization....

I've come a LONG way in 2 years. Yesterday marks the anniversary of a huge life change. Those close to me know what the life change could possibly be. In 2 years I have:
  • loved and hated
  • graduated college with 2 teaching certificates...while holding the honor of being the commencement speaker
  • built my politcal career
  • moved to a different state
  • completed every semester there forward on the dean's list
  • found out parts of who I am...we're constantly learning on this one.
  • started my own business
  • "grown up" - I use the term loosly
  • built stronger friendships that would have never happened
  • really realized that "everything happens for a reason"
  • made peace with multiple people
  • excommunicated drama
  • honed personal skills and abilities that were being held back
  • bought a new car
  • become an "aunt"....again :)
  • really realized that people aren't who they say they are....most the time. There are exceptions to every rule
  • helped passed MAJOR policy on a campus near and dear to my heart
  • become involved heavily in professional organizations.. that would have never been able to happen
  • reunited with people from my past

and most importantly....

  • learned to love again

Here's to the past 2 years that played a huge part into who I am and what I am and who I will become!!! A LOT can (and does) happen in 2 years. Here's to many more!!!!

No comments: