Tuesday, November 29, 2005

2 in less than a week....

It's been an interesting week coming back. On my drive back Saturday night, Brian was on the phone and read me an article about a student, Shawn Samples, who had died in his room. He was found by the RA's Wednesday morning as they were making sure everyone was out of the building for the Thanksgiving holiday. When I came home from school yesterday and talked to Pamela the news was similar. A student, Chase Hall, was found dead yesterday by his roommate in their room on campus. The cases are independant of one another and no foul play is expected in either one.

I feel so bad for the families. Losing a loved one is so hard. It's especially hard this time of the year. In the age that we are in with technology Facebook, of all places, provieded a little more information about one of the students. He had a beautiful girlfriend of 2 years. They were high school sweethearts. As Pamela and I looked at both profiles, we started to cry. It just made it that much more real for some reason.

If you are the praying kind, keep the families, friends and campus in your thoughts and prayers this week.






I almost forgot! GC and I talked last night. It never fails, as soon as I really start to worry and doubt he pulls through. I was kind of blunt and said, "to be completely honest, I've been feeling a bit neglected lately." He responded just as I thought he would with everything going on, etc., etc. However, one thing that I wasn't expecting as I was prepared for the worst (thanks Alex....I think) was this, "I just don't have time for a relationship right now. I know it sucks, but it's the truth. I don't want to give up on us at all." That's all I needed to hear and I was fine. Both of us realize that even with our schedules, it'll be a lot easier on us when I"m at home again. It's only 3 more weeks....at this point in time, we can handle it.

No comments: